Regional Development Australia - Mid North Coast NSW (ABN 94 866 952 886) (“we”, “us”, or “our”) is committed to protecting personal information we collect from you. We have implemented measures to comply with our obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles set out in the Act.
This policy explains how we deal with your personal information. It applies to your use of our My Future Workforce applications and related online systems (Platform), whether accessed directly or through an application that is made available to you.
Why do we collect your personal information?
The types of information we collect include:
1. user details such as name, driver’s licence, email, phone number, address, date of birth, gender, username, and password;
2. employment history, right to work in Australia, and related details;
3. family details and housing situation;
4. we may also ask you to provide sensitive personal information such as your criminal record (however you do not have to provide this information to us to access and use our services);
5. data collected for statistical and maintenance purposes, to enable us to evaluate the performance of our Platform. This may include the number of users visiting a Platform, the time and duration of visits, and the path taken through the Platform.
Importantly, we do not collect any personal information we do not need.
Your personal information will usually be collected by us when you:
1. complete our registration form or otherwise request services from us;
2. contact us;
3. request information;
4. provide feedback on our services; and
5. engage with us via social media.
2. third party tracking and tag manager software. This may result in the collection of the following types of information:
a. general Platform usage, including button clicks, page views, general location of users;
b. interests of users; and
c. crashes and exception reporting for system monitoring.
1. we may implement and use display advertising;
2. we may use re-marketing with Google Analytics and/or Microsoft Advertising to advertise online;
3. third-party vendors, including Google Analytics and Microsoft Advertising, may show our ads on sites across the Internet; and
4. where you access the services through a mobile application, we use third party services that collect non-personal information relating to your use of the application, including tracking of application installs and re-engagement.
Users can opt-out by utilising Google's Opt-Out Browser Add On
(https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/\) and/or Ads Preferences Manager (https://www.google.com/settings/ads/\). For Microsoft Advertising, users can update their preferences at https://account.microsoft.com/privacy/ad\-settings/.
What if you don't provide us with the personal information we require?
If you cannot or will not provide us with the personal information we reasonably require, we may be unable to provide the services you wish to receive or use.
We use your personal information to:
1. identify you and customise the Platform to assist you in your use of our services;
2. provide you with the services you require;
3. determine which services best suit your needs, and allow us to personalise information provided to you;
4. promote and market our current and future products, and current and future products of third parties, that we consider may be of interest to you. You can unsubscribe from marketing communications at any time if you no longer wish to receive them;
5. provide aggregated, anonymised information to government agencies to inform government policy;
6. conduct customer research (including but not limited to client feedback) to develop our current and future products;
7. monitor use of the Platform;
8. gather and analyse Platform statistics; and
9. perform maintenance of the Platform.
Personal information will only be accessible to nominated users who have been given express permission by us, and such access will be restricted.
We will only use your personal information for direct marketing purposes as authorised by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). That includes where we collect information from you and you would reasonably expect the information to be used for direct marketing. In all other circumstances we would only use your personal information with your consent or where it is impracticable to obtain that consent. In all direct marketing correspondence sent to you we will give you the opportunity to "opt-out" of receiving any further marketing correspondence.
We may disclose your personal information to other Regional Development Australia entities, users who advertise roles on the Platform (Employers), users who advertise job-related services on the Platform (Service Providers), contractors and suppliers for any purpose in connection with our services, and sometimes for direct marketing purposes (unless you opt out). We may also disclose information about you to a third party located outside Australia where it relates to the purpose for which that information was collected, is required to maintain our records and Platform, or for the administration of any of our processes (including payment).
If you choose to make an online application to a job advertisement on the Platform, we will automatically forward your Blueprint to the Employer. “Blueprint” is a customised resume created by the Platform. Additionally, we may suggest you to Employers that may be interested in contacting you in relation to an advertised role that matches your resume.
You have the right to directly contact an Employer to request access to any personal information that you have sent as part of, or related to, a job application.
Any personal information that you choose to make publicly accessible on the Platform will be shared with other users of the Platform.
Other than for these purposes, we will not disclose your personal information to any third party unless:
1. you authorise us to do so;
2. the disclosure is in connection with the purposes for which we collected your personal information;
3. your safety or the safety of others in the community is at risk; or
4. we are required or permitted by law.
We are committed to retaining as much of your personal information in Australia as possible. However, some of our third-party service providers may be based outside of Australia. We may share your information with our service providers in other countries, wherever our service providers are located. The personal information that these third parties may receive includes the following types of personal information: user name; email; and related information. When we share your information, we require that these parties take appropriate measures to protect that information, and to restrict how they can use that information. The privacy policies of our third-party service providers can be made available on request.
We take all reasonable steps to ensure your personal information we hold is protected from risks such as loss, unauthorised access or use, destruction, modification or disclosure. We only permit our authorised personnel to access your personal information.
The Internet is not a secure environment.
We take reasonable steps to ensure the information you send us is, to the extent reasonably possible, secure and protected from risks such as loss, unauthorised access or use, destruction, modification or disclosure.
Our Platform may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of those other websites. We make no warranty as to the accuracy or content of those linked sites, or that such links will remain current or be maintained.
We may send you relevant email updates about available employment positions and career-related topics. We may also contact you by phone. You may opt out of such communications via the Platform, or by clicking ‘unsubscribe’ in the email.
You have a right to access your personal information we have collected. For security reasons, you may request details of your personal information by contacting our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may charge you a reasonable fee for the retrieval of your personal information, to cover our administrative costs.
The accuracy of your personal information is important to us. We will take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is accurate, complete, and up-to-date. If you believe that any personal information we hold about you is not accurate, complete, or up-to-date, it is important that you contact our Privacy Officer at email@example.com as soon as possible.
• E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Letter: The Privacy Officer, PO Box 83, Macksville, 2447
We will investigate your complaint and work with you to ensure your complaint is properly resolved. If you believe your complaint has not been properly resolved, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.